Thursday 24 March 2011

Matt-Effect Top Coat

Hello everyone!


So I saw a picture that Alex posted a while ago with a gorgeous dark navy varnish with a matt effect top coat. Her nails looked like velvet and I wanted to try it out! So I've dug out my Rimmel Matte Finish Top Coat and here I am with non-shiny nails! Bit of a change for me if I'm honest because I do love my holos and glitters.. but they do look good! Think maybe I'll try a nice yellow next time, but I decided to use Barry M's Blueberry Ice Cream as my base colour, because I do love blue nails!




As you can see my application was a little bit shoddy, but so much better than usual lol I love the texture of Barry M polishes, I find they're really easy to apply and give good coverage. I have my eye on a few other colours that they do but I'm being good and waiting until I have some money hehe.. 


But yeah, what do you think? Would you try a mattifying top coat or do you prefer your nails to shine? Oh and ignore the chip on my index finger, I did that washing up -.-


-Leisha.

No comments: